Presentation Summary: From basic communication to telehealth, content streaming, distance learning and remote work, broadband underpins almost
Presentation Summary: From basic communication to telehealth, content streaming, distance learning and remote work, broadband underpins almost every aspect of modern life. High-speed connectivity is no longer a luxury but an absolute necessity. Yet, as tribal communities are all too aware, the digital divide is real and difficult to bridge.
Join TribalWise, Telrad, AtLink and STS as they share their success at overcoming these longstanding connectivity challenges. Drawing on their joint experience working alongside communities like the Muscogee Nation in rural Oklahoma, they’ll discuss ways to bring reliable, affordable, high-performance Internet to previously underserved areas.
- Samual T. Curtis P.E., Founder & CEO, Link Services, LLC: A licensed Professional Engineer with a solid 30-year background in telecommunications management, consulting, construction and engineering. Accomplishments include running a profitable construction/engineering firm as well as a Wireless Broadband Service Provider in Oklahoma. A mature and experienced business manager with experience in contract negotiations, wireless and wireline analysis, and business case creation. Mr. Curtis is the founder and CEO/Managing Member of Link Services, LLC and Specialty Telecommunications Services, LLC. Additionally, Mr. Curtis is the co-founder and co-Managing Member of RACK59 Partners, LLC. In his role at @Link he has grown the company to over $18MM in annual revenue serving over 15,600 customers in Oklahoma. Mr. Curtis has been involved with telecommunications for twenty-five years in engineering and management roles. Mr. Curtis firmly believes in creating leaders within his organizations. He is most proud of the people he works with and cultivates a sharing of knowledge which breeds innovation and solutions. Mr. Curtis received his Bachelors of Science in Physics/Engineering from the University of Central
- Alex Freylekhman, VP of Sales, Telrad: Alex is a 20-year wireless industry veteran whose life mission is to make the world faster and more connected one network at a time. Alex oversees sales for Telrad throughout North America and works closely with the entire wireless ISP sector nationally. He holds a bachelor’s degree in computer science and spends most of his time helping rural communities solve their broadband challenges.
(Tuesday) 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Presentation Summary: Many tribal communities, who use popular social media platforms, face challenges effectively communicating in ways that adequately meet the needs of the community. Tribal leadership lacks proper controls over social channels which can lead to unintended – and unwanted – experiences for Tribal members.
A Tribe’s ability to quickly deliver communications and engage its Tribal members is essential to achieve Tribal goals. Effective communication is critical for a positive community experience that connects and strengthens the Tribe.
Join us for an interactive webinar where you will learn how to tackle these challenges and create an amazing Tribal member experience. Topics include:
• Key tactics to communicate critical information to Tribal members regardless of location while eliminating the toxicity of social media
• Steps for increasing the speed of delivering a message to your community while reducing the time and cost of content development
• Communication best practices that support 2-way communication within a controlled social environment
• Ways of delivering targeted messages while reaching individuals on the device they frequent most
• Tips for measuring and analyzing communication and content preferences
• Tools for monitoring and customizing your membership’s digital experience
Korbyt has a 35+ year history as a digital communications platform leader. Korbyt’s customers include national and global organizations, a majority of the Fortune 500 and multiple tribes. Korbyt Anywhere is an advanced communications and engagement platform that helps support the mission, vision, and culture of the tribal community. Korbyt’s platform also enables members to engage others and express themselves in a secure, monitored social environment.
Philip Gerstenfeld, Senior Director of Product Management: Philip Gerstenfeld is Korbyt’s Senior Director of Product Management where he is responsible for product strategy of the flagship Employee Engagement platform. With a diverse background spanning technology, project management, marketing and product management, Philip brings solution-oriented thinking to product design. His thought leadership is driving a data-driven approach to employee communications and helping communicators share targeted messages to the right employees at the right time. Philip has over twenty years of experience providing strategic consulting services to Fortune 500 companies, delivering world class CRM strategy and Loyalty Marketing programs. Prior to joining Korbyt, Philip held leadership roles with Brierley and Partners, an industry leader creating some of the most popular Loyalty programs in the market and Epsilon, the leader in advanced data-driven marketing. Philip holds an MBA from Rollins College and a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Georgia.
Jim Gray, Consultant, Former Chief of the Osage Nation: James Roan Gray is the former Principal Chief of the Osage Nation. During his term, Chief Gray, led the Osage Nation through a comprehensive restoration of Osage sovereignty, the right to determine their own citizens and form their own government. Chief Gray has served as both Vice Chairman and Chairman of the InterTribal Monitoring Association (ITMA) consulting with the Department of Interior’s management of Native American trust funds. He was elected as Chairman of the Board of the Council of Energy Resource Tribe’s, served as Co-Chair of the National Budget Advisory Council, which sets the priorities for the Bureau of Indian Affair’s $2.3 billion budget. In the past few years, Jim Gray has passionately served as Communications consultant for the Native American Agriculture Fund and has held pivotal roles as the Executive Director at Pawnee Nation and as the Chief of Staff (Tribal Administrator) for the Sac and Fox Nation. Currently, he is an adjunct professor at San Juan College in New Mexico as well as a
(Thursday) 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Presentation Summary: Need to ensure that your Tribe is safe from ransomware? We’ve seen major changes in the
Presentation Summary: Need to ensure that your Tribe is safe from ransomware? We’ve seen major changes in the way that cyberattacks, including ransomware, unfold. While the concerns and challenges are real, there is a framework to assist Tribal Technology Leaders in enhancing their cyber‑resiliency.
- Jeff Reichard, Sr. Director, Enterprise Strategy, Veeam: Jeff Reichard is Senior Director of Enterprise Strategy at Veeam Government Solutions, where he focuses on risk, compliance, and partnerships. Jeff has 25 years of experience in data protection/availability, business continuity, and regulatory compliance solutions. His previous roles have ranged from designing SAN and data backup solutions to systems engineering and engineering leadership serving public sector and enterprise customers. At VGS, Jeff works with partners, customers and industry analysts to evangelize Veeam’s vision for cloud data management and digital transformation.
(Tuesday) 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm